- Over 10 years of experience developing web apps with various technologies (Ruby on Rails, PHP).
- Strong analytical skills translating business requirements into usable tools and processes.
- Worked with a large number of clients in a variety of industries (pharmaceutial, education, services, consulting).
- Good inter-personal, communication and written skills, and the ability to perform under short dead- lines.
- A passion for efficient workflows and clean code.
May 2010 - Present
Chief Technology Officer
- Designed and rebuilt the architecture for the original Roomorama application platform using modern programming methodologies and best-practices.
- Hired, trained and managed a team of rails developers to work on application development.
- Oversaw the successful completion of many internal projects including: integration with third-party services, API design and implementation, testing suite implementation.
Apr 2007 - Apr 2010
- Created and maintained an e-commerce platform from the ground up in Ruby on Rails (http://www. destockjeans.com), including creating an ActiveMerchant gateway for Paybox (http://www.paybox.fr) and full Cucumber test suite.
- Taught two team members Ruby on Rails from the ground up.
- Managed a few solo projects including an international printing company’s job management applica- tion (http://sales.paperland.be, password protected).
- Worked on an iPhone application for monitoring Axis security camera’s (http://mycam.be, in progress).
- Successfully launched several high traffic websites: strellishoes.be, debeyne.be, destockjeans.fr
Jan 2007 - Apr 2007
Head Expert ICTO
- Coordinated development and maintenance of the educational IT system.
- Maintenance and development on the Dokeos PHP e-learning suite used for the school.
- Responsible for setting up information and educational days for IT in Education.
Oct 2001 - Jan 2005
I.T. Support and Developer
- Worked in a team of 4 providing support for a computer park of 120 PC’s and 5 servers.
- Web development and PHP application development.
- Java programming/reverse-engineering for a printing accounting program.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux(RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, jQuery
- Technologies: Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, EBS, ELB, Opsworks...), Git
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber
Beijing - 28 Nov 2013
Big Data & Analytics Innovation SummitStreamlining Your Online Purchasing Process with Data Analytics (revamped)
Singapore - 11 Sep 2013
Big Data World Asia 2013Streamlining your online purchasing process with data analytics
Singapore 18 July 2013
AWS SummitFireside Chat with Dr. Werner Vogels
Singapore - 5 Mar 2013
The Internet & Mobile Show Asia 2013Making room for the right eCommerce strategies
Jan 2002 - Dec 2006
Vesalius College, Brussels
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Graduated with Magna Cum Laude and Honors Thesis entitled ‹Developing a Residential Service Platform us- ing OSGi.»
Aug 2005 - Dec 2005
Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku, Osaka
Japanese Cultural Studies
Sep 1998 - Jun 2001
European School Ixelles
Options: Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science.
- Languages: English, French, Dutch (fluent), German (conversational), Japanese (basic)
- Date of Birth: 12 Oct 1984
- Nationality: Belgium
- Marital Status: Single
- Interests: Triathlon, Programming, Entrepreneurship, Reading, Traveling
- Open Source Projects: github-pivotal-flow (https://github.com/donaldpiret/github-pivotal-flow), docu_sign (https://github.com/roomorama/docu_sign)